Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mercy Killing

I think George's perspective for killing Lennie was that he felt it was the best thing to do. I think either way Lennie wouldn't have had a good ending because Curley was after him and he would either shoot him or lock him up. I guess George felt there was no better option.

Personally I wouldn't have the heart to do something like that but I do think it was the best thing for him to do. Lennie was too dangerous to be around he couldn't control his strength and didn't know when to stop. He was a nice guy but I think he is better off now.









"The court accepted that before the accident, his daughter had expressed a preference for dying over being kept alive artificially." I think Beppino was only trying to do what his daughter asked for. Being a father I don't think he wished for that. He must have really cared for what she asked for because he went through a ten year legal battle getting it.

"Patients do have a right to refuse treatment, but they are barred from giving advance directions on what treatment they wish to receive if they become unconscious." I agree because you can awake from being unconscious

I agree nor disagree with what Eluana's father did. Well I can understand why he did it but if lets say it was one of my family members I could never ask for lets say their feeding tubes to be removed because I would always have hope for them to awake. Then again that's me.


No comments: